Teaching English Language Learners (TELL) Certificate Program
The Teaching English Language Learners certificate is for teachers in all authorization levels who want to develop instructional strategies to better accommodate students whose native language is not English. With the addition of a practicum, which includes the teaching of a work sample and the passing of the ORELA/NES ESOL exam, the concentration can be added to an existing Oregon or Washington license as an additional endorsement.
|NEXT START DATE|
|[hc_cohort_next: error - no dates configured for CUP-CERT:TRMA]|
- ESOL.I.1 – Expertise in the utilization of new methods and strategies to evaluate language proficiency of ESOL students.
- ESOL.I.2 – The ability to modify instructional plans and promote alternative goals and strategies for students from a variety of backgrounds, languages and abilities.
- ESOL.EF.1 – Develop or refine an awareness of, appreciation for, and responsiveness to classroom and societal diversity with an emphasis on culture and language.
- ESOL.EF.2 – Demonstrate characteristics of moral leadership through professional roles and responsibilities as an advocate for ESOL students.
- ESOL.LT.1 – Demonstrate knowledge of and apply skills in collaboration practices related to ESOL needs.
Teaching English Language Learners (TELL) Certificate (15 Credit Hours)
- EDEL 531 - Strategies and Materials for Teaching English-Learners (3)
- EDEL 532 - Linguistics (3)
- EDEL 533 - Language and Culture in the Classroom (3)
- EDEL 534 - Language Acquisition (2)
- EDEL 535 - Assessing English-Learners (2)
- EDEL 537 - ESOL Practicum (2)
Courses can be taken on campus or as a combination of on campus and online.