A dual concentration can enhance your knowledge through two areas of intense study and provides the opportunity to develop expertise in two areas that complement each other - both to further support your work as an effective teacher, educator or principal.
Enrollment Process for the Dual Concentration Program
M.Ed. candidates have the option of selecting two areas of concentration. For example, you could seek an M.Ed. in C & I: Math and an additional concentration in Science (this will be used to illustrate the process. However, a candidate may select any two concentration areas). Beginning with the first step below and using Math and Science for illustration purposes only, as a dual concentration student, you will:
- Notify Concordia University during your first 5 core courses of your intent to work towards a dual concentration.
- Complete the Curriculum & Instruction K-14 Math program and the Action Research-Capstone.
- Upon completion of the C & I K-14 Math program, you will enroll in K-14 Science concentration courses.
- Upon successful completion of both the K-14 Math courses and Action Research-Capstone and the additional K-14 Science courses, an M.Ed. degree will be conferred.
- When you complete this plan, you will have one degree with two areas of concentration.
*Some concentrations vary in number of concentration courses, please contact student services for information about specific degree concentrations.