Enrollment Process for the Dual Concentration Program
M.Ed. candidates have the option of selecting two areas of concentration. For example, you could seek an M.Ed. in C & I: Mathematics and an additional concentration in Science (this will be used to illustrate the process; a candidate may select any two concentration areas). Beginning with the first step below and using Math and Science for illustration purposes only, as a dual concentration student, you will:
- Notify your Student Services Advisor during your first 5 core courses of your intent to work towards a dual concentration.
- Complete the Curriculum & Instruction core courses and then the concentration courses for Math and then Science.
- Upon completion of all required concentration courses, you will be scheduled for Educational Research and then Action Research.
- Upon successful completion of both the K-14 Math courses and Action Research-Capstone and the additional K-14 Science courses, an M.Ed. degree will be conferred.
- When you complete this plan, you will have one degree with two areas of concentration.
Some concentrations vary in number of concentration courses, please contact student services for information about specific degree concentrations.