You've heard it time and again: Today's children are born into a digital world. And, as educators, it is our responsibility to help shape our students' futures as responsible digital citizens.
Social media presents many new ways to enable learning. Yet, because social media is so new, many fear the unknown consequences of its use. It's no surprise that this topic presents one of the biggest challenge to today's educators.
Let's face facts: Most of us are ill-prepared for the rising tide of social media. This sentiment rings loudly especially in the classroom and school environments. Many educators lack adequate training on their own use of social media, let alone their students'.
We are here to help.
Social Media Starter Kit: An Educator's Starting Guide to Social Media
Our Social Media Starter Kit develops your foundational knowledge of social media in and out of the classroom. These guides are not meant just for helping your students — these guides lay a framework for your own social media identity as a teacher, educator, and citizen.
Who will benefit from the Social Media Starter Kit?
- Teachers with limited understanding of social media (personal and professional uses)
- Educational administrators creating or modifying their school's social media policies
- Educators reluctant to embrace classroom technologies
- Veteran teachers looking for simple ways to begin integrating technology and social media in the classroom
- New teachers seeking advice on personal and professional social media boundaries
We always strive to update and improve our resources. Take some time to read through the guides, and let us know what you think! Send any feedback, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.