Concordia University provides you a number of helpful tools to prepare you for journey into online learning and aid in your online experience in earning your degree. It is important that you prepare for online learning in a similar way you would prepare for your first day in a traditional, on-ground course. Previously, you have prepared by buying textbooks and taking your car for a check-up to make sure it is a reliable mode of transportation to school. The same must be done for an online degree program.
The following articles should help you prepare yourself physically and mentally for online learning and a success journey towards your degree.
- Getting Started as an E-Learner
- Computer Check-Up
- Set Up Your Home Office for Learning
- How to keep the Kids Busy While You Study
- Time Management for Online College Students
- How to Connect with Peers While Learning Online
- Writing Effective Discussion Posts
- Avoiding Plagiarism
Once you are ready to begin online learning, go over these success tools for your degree program. More information on each can be found here.
- Blackboard Course Management System (CMS)
- Threaded Discussion (Bulletin Board)
- Streaming Media (on-demand and live)
- Assignment Drop Box
- Online Student Course Grade Book
- Document Downloads
- Online Student Course Calendar