We realize that not everyone’s a computer whiz, but E-Learning doesn’t require you to be a rocket scientist. In fact, E-Learning often makes the learning process easier! You have the freedom to work from your own home at the time of day or night that best suits you. Sit down at your computer and you’re already in the classroom, ready to learn.
Hardware & Peripherals:
- PC or Mac Computer
- Internet connection (Cable/DSL preferred)
- Speakers or headphones
- A web camera capable of video web conferencing
You are required to have use of the following applications:
- One of the following Blackboard certified browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later
- Google Chrome 7.0 or later
- Apple Safari 5.0 or later
- One PDF reader application
- Adobe® Reader 9.0
- Preview (Mac)
- Microsoft Office or comparable software package
For a complete list of computer and software requirements, visit the Knowledge Base http://kb.cu-portland.edu/Computing+Standards.
Funded by the Student Technology Fee, Concordia University students are eligible to participate in the Microsoft’s EES: Enrollment for Education Solutions License Program. This program allows access to select Microsoft products for Concordia University students. Find out more information located here.
- Windows 7 Professional Upgrade (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8 Professional Upgrade (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013 for Windows
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
(You may be required to log into the CU intranet using your network username and password before accessing this software.)